Some Linux Academy students (and staff) have told us the best way to go through Linux Academy courses is with our videos on one screen and our Cloud Servers on another to follow along. To make that easier for you, our mobile development team has made the Linux Academy iOS app compatible with Apple TV!
These days, it’s rare that you’ll find a company that isn’t leveraging the advantages of cloud services. Despite some of the obvious ones, such as security and increasing the efficiency of your IT systems, there are a surprising number of companies – particularly small to medium businesses (SMBs) – that aren’t taking advantage of the cloud to backup their data.
One of the reasons companies aren’t implementing cloud backup is that they lack the understanding or experience to do it properly. To combat this, Linux Academy has established a partnership with CloudBerry Lab to create a custom training course on how to design and implement backup strategies with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Just like we promised, we’re giving away the new Google Pixel! Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Log in to your account! Super easy, right?
- Spread the word! Share something and tag Linux Academy on Facebook or Twitter. Let your friends know you got a certificate of completion, show off your professional certification, or share one of our blog posts with your followers!
- Learn something! Watch a short Nugget video – some of them are less than 10 minutes – for a quick bit of useful information.
Just complete these three simple steps by December 29 in order to be entered into the competition. The winners will be announced on January 5 and must have an active Linux Academy account to be eligible.
We’ve added a new feature to Quick Training and Labs. You can now bookmark your favorite Quick Training content, as well as any labs you plan to take.
To start bookmarking content, go to Quick Training or Labs in the navigation bar, once you’re signed in. Then select the bookmark symbol to the right of the content to add the course, lab or post to your bookmarks. (more…)
We’re giving away an iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus! Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Log in to your account. (Yep, step 1 is super simple.)
- Speak up! Share something in the community. Did you recently pass an exam? Have a question about a course? Maybe you just want to reply to another student’s post. Either way, we want to hear from you.
- Select a course and create a Course Schedule. You’ll find this at the top of the page of the course you decide to take or are currently taking. Creating a course schedule will help with your training goals.
Just complete these three simple steps by 10/14 in order to be entered into the competition. The winners will be announced on 10/21 and must have an active Linux Academy account to be eligible.
If you’re not an iOS fan – not to worry – we have something for you too! We have the newly announced Google Pixel on the way, and we’ll host another giveaway soon.
You can now have access to all our video courses, flash cards, and community features free for 7 days when you sign up for a Linux Academy account. Here’s just a few of the features you can start using: (more…)
Today marks a BIG day for us at Linux Academy. Lots of hard work has finally paid off with the beta launch of the flagship part of the new community and reputation system. Here are some of the best features of the new community! (more…)