Whether you’re preparing for an AWS Solution Architect interview and want to be ready for questions the interviewer may throw your way, or you’re looking to get into this type of role and want to know what to expect, here are the top interview questions, from a business perspective, to help you prepare.
If an organization is facing a major change, what is your suggested approach as an AWS Solution Architect to face it? Keep these questions in mind while answering:
- What steps will you perform to resolve this situation?
- From your point of view, what are the relevant responsibilities of an AWS Solution Architect?
- How do you normally take AWS architecture requirements to design?
- What are key considerations/guidelines when you’re going to make some AWS Architecture recommendations?
- How do you approach a pre-sales engagement as an AWS Solution Architect? How do you establish a relationship with AWS salespeople? Please describe.
- What challenges are you looking for as an AWS Solution Architect?
- How do you share your ideas and knowledge about AWS services/products to customers or other people of your team? Please describe, and show us if possible.
- Could you please describe a situation where you interacted with CxOs people or other business leaders?
- Please describe a successful project that reflects your design/implementation/consulting experience about AWS Solution Architecture?
- What have you done to improve your AWS knowledge within the last year?
- What are the most important characteristics of an AWS Cloud solution that you need to take into account when you design it?
This is part one in a series by Linux Academy student Pasha M. – be on the lookout for part 2 coming soon!
Interested in becoming an AWS Solution Architect? Check out our course AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Level (2018) by Wayde Gilchrist. Not only will you learn the requisite knowledge to pass the AWS CSA certification exam, but you will gain the hands-on experience required to become a qualified AWS Solutions architect working in a real-world environment.