Two weeks ago, Azure announced what is arguably its most significant feature change since Azure Resource Manager. Thing is, most people don’t have much use for it today, and might not for a while, so you may not recognize it as such for quite some time.
But make no mistake: Azure Event Grid, now in public preview, is critical to the future of Azure, because it’s the missing link in the microservices architecture and makes serverless computing a first-class citizen in Azure.
For the uninitiated, let’s take a moment to review what it means to be serverless, and how that fits into a microservices architecture. (more…)
We’re pleased to announce today that the Community Edition of Linux Academy is now available for free! For no charge, you can access select courses and Live! Labs, student flash cards, your profile and certificates, and the vibrant and engaging Linux Academy community of experts.
“Linux Academy is dedicated to helping change the lives of others through education and training. We decided to make our community open to everyone because we want to reduce the barrier to learning and be a one-stop solution for everything a person might need to train on open source and cloud technologies.” – Anthony James, CEO
The following courses are available to free community members:
- AWS Concepts
- Serverless Concepts
- DevOps Essentials
- OpenStack Essentials
- Puppet Quick Start
- Docker Quick Start
- Git Quick Start
- Vim – The Improved Editor
Our developers and instructors have been working away at bringing you new courses and features here at Linux Academy! Here’s some of the content we released last week:
- AWS Essentials – A new course from instructor Tom Haslett that will introduce you to AWS, walk you through the process of setting up your own AWS account, and teach you the essentials to get you using AWS’s core services. No prior AWS experience needed!
- Serverless Concepts – We’re so excited for instructor Johnny Jelinek’s first course, which will teach you the basics of this hot new technology, including AWS Lambda, Google Firebase, and more.
- Amazon Marketplace – The Linux Academy Android App is now available on the Amazon Marketplace! Study with Linux Academy on your Amazon Fire device.
- Course Reset – Want to go back and start from the beginning? You can now reset progress on a course you’ve started.
- New Speed Controls – In addition to the 15 second flashback feature we announced last week, we’ve added new options for video speed. You can watch at 0.5x, 0.75x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, or 2x.
- New Dashboard – Test out your new dashboard, which will make it easier to find your in-progress courses, learning paths, and bookmarks.
With the announcement of the new C# runtime in AWS Lambda, enterprises are now able to start taking their .NET investment into the world of serverless applications. In this blog post, I want to help you get up and running with .NET Core using the new AWS Serverless Application Model (SAM) transform for AWS CloudFormation. We’re going to build a simple “Hello World” API endpoint by deploying a resource in Amazon API Gateway and a C# function in AWS Lambda. (more…)